Lasagna Roll-Ups

Oh, Pinterest! Yes, I do love you and all your inspiration - case in point, these Lasagna Roll-Ups.


I had a pound of ground Italian turkey sausage that M had found on his last solo mission to the grocery store so I modified the recipe a bit to win some brownie points. :)


          Lasagna Roll-Ups
        8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
        1 lb. ground Italian turkey sausage, cooked
        1 c. ricotta cheese
        1 c. of Prego spaghetti sauce
        1 c. of petite diced tomatoes
        1/4 c. of milk
        1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes
        1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided

DIRECTIONS:
  • Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
  • In a medium bowl,  combine sausage, cheeses, milk, and pepper. In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes.
  • Spread 1 c. of the spaghetti sauce mixture in the bottom of the baking dish.
  • Spread the meat mixture evenly among the lasagna noodles. Roll the noodles jelly-roll fashion and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Top with mozzarella.
  • Cover. Bake for 35 minutes or until hot.

It was delicious! I asked M "Would you like me to make this again?" His response? "H*ll yeah!" So, I guess we have our answer. :)

Linked up at Mandy's Recipe Box

1 comment

carolinaheartstrings August 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM

That looks like a winner to me too. I cannot wait to give this a try. Easy and delicious. My favorite combo. Come over and visit us. We have a terrific low fat pimento cheese recipe this week.

Post a Comment